60 WAYS TO LIVE LIKE A LOCAL
Living at ONE Water Street means you’ll be right in the middle of one of Canada’s most sought-after places to live. Looking for something to do once you’re here?
Here are 60 examples to get you started:
1. Beach cruise or walk the Downtown Kelowna Boardwalk – experience the waterfront from beach to beach, and even further down the lakeshore
2. Bike the new 48 km Okanagan Rail Trail that goes from downtown Kelowna to Coldstream. The trail starts mere steps from ONE Water Street
3. Hip Hop Brunch at Krafty Kitchen – have the Boys in the Hood Benedict
4. Visit Wineries – more than 30 wineries within a 20 minute drive
5. Spend your Saturday morning at the outdoor Kelowna Farmers and Crafters Market (April – October) picking up fresh baked bread, eggs and produce often picked that morning.
6. Have an avocado margarita at Fernando’s
7. End a week-day evening with a picnic on the beach – or on a boat in the middle of the lake
8. Pick fruit at one of our local u-pick orchards
9. Dine on your deck and eat your summer meals in the beautiful outdoors, versus indoors
10. Take in a cozy live music performance at Doc Willoughby’s
11. Rent a boat from the Downtown Kelowna Marina and hit the lake for the day
12. Drink a sangria on the Earl’s on Top patio overlooking the Kelowna Sails & Okanagan Lake
13. Brunch at the Bohemian Café, enjoy their Blueberry Pancakes with their famous strawberry jam
14. Watch live music in Kelowna Parks with Parks Alive! at one of the three lakefront parks in Downtown Kelowna – Waterfront Park, Kerry Park or City Park
15. Take a spin class at Spinco – it’s a disco on wheels!
16. Go bowling or play a round of Bocce at BNA Brewing
17. Hike Knox Mountain – it’ not just for the exercise, the views are exhilarating
18. Take your dog for a swim in Okanagan Lake at Poplar Point Drive near Knox Mountain
19. Get a Signature Body Wrap at O Spa
20. Snowshoe, cycle or walk the Myra Canyon Trestles
21. Have the duck fat popcorn from Micro Bar & Bites
22. Run the Kelowna Wine Country Half Marathon, a 21KM, 10KM or 5KM run with Wine, Beer and Cider waiting for you at the finish line.
23. Have the green goddess gelato from QB Gelato
24. Pick up a bag of Market Spice tea at Chai Babba
25. Cycle, walk or run the famous Kettle Valley Rail trail
26. Watch a Kelowna Rockets Game at Prospera Place
27. Order the Grilled Peppercorn Crusted Heritage Angus Flat Iron at Waterfront Wines – it’s been on the menu since day one (13 years). It’s that good.
28. Learn to wakesurf or sharpen your skills on Okanagan Lake
29. Take a cooking class or enjoy a concert at Mission Hill Winery
30. Watch a concert at Prospera Place
31. Watch an outdoor movie at Kelowna’s City Park
32. Let your inner self shine out – get a paint brush wet at Opus Art Supplies
33. Kite Surf at Rotary Beach
34. Enjoy a flight of beer and pizza at Tree Brewing
35. Pick up fresh sustainable seafood from Codfathers to host your dinner party
36. Go skiing, snowboarding or snowshoeing at Big White (Nov-Apr) or downhill mountain biking/hiking at Silver Star (July-September). Or if you are independent downhill riders, then Knox Mountain is your downhill go-to.
37. Take a yoga class in the vineyard at the Chase Winery
38. Watch a Kelowna Falcons softball game
39. Grab a coffee and window shop in Downtown Kelowna
40. Walk to Paul’s Tomb and cool down with a dip in the lake
41. Happy Hour with a traditional margarita at La Lupita
42. Take in live theatre at Kelowna Actors Studio where they invite you to dress in theme!
43. See an Opera Kelowna live performance at the Kelowna Community Theatre
44. Patio at Oak + Cru, enjoy their house-made cocktails as you sit lakeside
45. Take a sailing lesson at Kelowna Yacht Club
46. Be a wine snob – why shop out of country when you have so many great wines right here. Get your case discount from a winery.
47. Take adult Ballet Lessons with Ballet Kelowna – amateurs welcome!
48. Move your home office to Bliss Coffee Shop for the day. Don’t resist the peanut butter chocolate chunk cookie.
49. At the end of March, ski, golf and boat all in the same day
50. Stop in at our roadside farms and fruit stands
51. Golf at Predator Ridge or at the Okanagan’s other award-winning golf courses.
52. Shop the small shops of Bernard Avenue or Pandosy Village Home décor from Lakehouse on Bernard, a dress from Bia Bora, a sun hat from Blonde, say no more.
53. Take a Winery Tour with Beach Bum Tours. Or customize a tour. Flip flops are encouraged!
54. Fly direct to Vancouver in 45 mins for a weekend getaway
55. Rent a SUP or kayak at one of Kelowna’s beaches
56. Find a rare bird at Kelowna’s bird sanctuary
57. Explore the city on a beach cruiser – rent one two blocks from your new home at Kelowna E-Ride
58. Join a Volleyball Team at City Park
59. Sit on one of Downtown Kelowna’s many patios and take in Kelowna’s breathtaking sunsets
60. Ice skate outdoors, lakeside at Stuart Park (December-March)
Download the list: